374 Student Fundraising Activities
Policy Number: 374
The collection or raising of any funds by a class, making use of school facilities or resources, must have the recommendation of the building administrator and faculty advisor.
The ultimate goal of raising and expending funds by student groups shall always be to promote the educational welfare of the students.
Funds will not be raised until an approved plan for the use of that money has been returned to the faculty advisor. The plan shall be submitted to the building administrator for approval.
- All student participation in fundraising shall be strictly voluntary. There shall be no direct or indirect coercion of students.
- These guidelines will not apply to the usual school-sponsored fundraising activities in the schools, such as ticket sales for athletics, plays, etc.
- No child under the age of twelve (12) may participate in any fundraising activity (door-to-door sales) unless the student has written parental permission. Students in grades K-3 shall not be allowed to solicit funds or sell products.
- No fundraisers will last longer than three (3) weeks.
- All receipts and disbursements derived from fund raising will be processed through the business office school activity fund.
- Every reasonable effort should be made to insure that funds raised by school-sponsored groups for approved and specified purposes shall be utilized for that purpose.
- No fundraisers will be allowed for transportation without prior approval of the building administrator and District Administrator.
- All fundraising projects are encouraged to meet the district nutritional standards.
All approved fundraisers must be listed on the district calendar for coordination within the communities. Advisors will be held directly accountable for all fundraisers to see that distribution of goods are handled properly. Advisors will be responsible for developing a sound fiscal program with the fundraisers.
If advisors do not follow proper procedures the group raising money may forfeit the right to have another fundraiser for one year from the date of the current fundraiser in question.
No group may have more than one fundraiser per year unless the building administrator allows an exception.
Policy Review Date