Badger State Representatives
The Badger State representatives from the Class of 2014 have been selected.
A list of qualifying students is given to the faculty members who vote based on:
- LEADERSHIP - ability to lead and to assume responsibility for leadership; an organizer, with ability to execute a project in harmony with others
- CHARACTER - high standard of conduct (cooperative, considerate, courteous); good reputation; dependable; truthful; fine ideals; punctual; interest in family and school; willingness to follow rigid rules
- INTEREST IN GOVERNMENT & CITIZENSHIP - American history and social problems;community participation and services; keen sense of right; patriotism; citizen responsibility. Organizations from Galesville, Ettrick and Trempealeau sponsor these students to attend week-long Americanism programs. Badger Girls State and Badger Boys State students separately become "51st" states and will function according to the laws of the State of Wisconsin. The American Legion, American Legion Auxiliary, and Trempealeau Lions Club are working to keep patriotism a part of the education of our children; the entire program is non-partisan, non-political and hopes to instill in the participating youth a love of country.
The following students have been selected and are looking forward to attending Badger State this summer.
- Sponsored by 40 & 8 Veterans' Organization - Kyle Salzwedel
- Sponsored by Ettrick American Legion Auxiliary - Abigail Bishop
- Sponsored by Galesville Area Veterans' Association/Rowles-McBride American Legion - Trevor Sobowiak
- Sponsored by Rowles McBride American Legion Auxiliary - Lindsay Neitzel
- Sponsored by Trempealeau Lions Club - Dane McKeeth
- Sponsored by Trempealeau Lions Club - Ciara Hovell
Badger Girls State - June 16-21, 2013 - UW-Oshkosh, Oshkosh, WI
Badger Boys State - June 8-15, 2013 - Ripon College, Ripon, WI